RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Three people each face more than 100 felony fraud charges in Wake, Durham, and Johnston counties for stealing checks and altering the payees, according to a press release from the Wake County Sheriff’s Office.
Krhistopher Stukes, 26; Kirsten Davis, 24; and Carl Parker, 25 are accused of defrauding banks throughout Wake County of about $500,000, the release said.
The United States Attorney’s Office has agreed to prosecute some of the suspects on federal charges.
The Wake County Sheriff’s Office served about 40 warrants and “countless” fraud charges against the trio, the release said. More charges are expected.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now