WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A Franklin County man died in a crash on U.S. 401 in Wake County Saturday afternoon, officials say.
The crash was reported around 2 p.m. on U.S. 401 at Moores Pond Road, which is just north of N.C. 96, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
According to a trooper, the wreck happened when a van ran a stop sign at Moores Pond Road and entered U.S. 401, witnesses said.
A car that was being driven on U.S. 401 hit the van on the side and the van overturned, Trooper R.T. Grant said.
The man who was driving the car died, Grant said. The man’s name is not being released until his relatives are contacted, Grant said.
So far no charges have been filed, but the crash is under investigation.
- Lawmakers introduce bills to ban transgender girls from high school teams, but can’t cite local examples
- NCDHHS: Most long-term care facilities can resume indoor visitation due to drop in COVID-19 cases
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Moore Research and Chubby’s Tacos
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell
- Charlotte police ask for help identifying brazen jewelry store thieves