WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A Franklin County man died in a crash on U.S. 401 in Wake County Saturday afternoon, officials say.
The crash was reported around 2 p.m. on U.S. 401 at Moores Pond Road, which is just north of N.C. 96, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
According to a trooper, the wreck happened when a van ran a stop sign at Moores Pond Road and entered U.S. 401, witnesses said.
A car that was being driven on U.S. 401 hit the van on the side and the van overturned, Trooper R.T. Grant said.
The man who was driving the car died, Grant said. The man’s name is not being released until his relatives are contacted, Grant said.
So far no charges have been filed, but the crash is under investigation.
- Mother facing multiple charges after 16-year-old weighs in at 26 pounds
- If you haven’t traveled to China recently, you shouldn’t be concerned about the Coronavirus, Duke health experts say
- Examining North Carolina’s impact on past impeachments
- Zion Williamson rejoining Pelicans lineup at pivotal time
- Wake County property values are increasing – here’s what you need to know