RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash involving a tractor-trailer closed Wake Forest Road near Whitaker Mill Road on Tuesday afternoon and night, police said.
The crash happened before 5:15 p.m. when a tractor-trailer hit a utility pole that then broke into pieces, according to Raleigh police.
The utility pole and power lines are blocking Wake Forest Road near Capital Boulevard. The power pole was sliced in two and power lines are hanging low in the area, which is near Snoopy’s Hot Dogs and More.
As of 11:45 p.m., the road was still closed and crews were working to repair the lines and pole.
Traffic along Whitaker Mill Road was able to cross Wake Forest Road.
There were no reported power outages in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Some NC voters say they support November 12 absentee deadline
- 22-month-old NC boy shot while in minivan
- 8-year-old girl dies after being shot while doing homework
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now