RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A truck stuck in mud is blocking Jones Franklin Road in Raleigh on Monday night.
The incident was reported around 8:30 p.m. on Jones Franklin Road just north of Interstate 440. The road is blocked between Waters Edge Drive and Barringer Drive, according to Raleigh police.
The incident happened when a large box truck tried to turn around, but instead became stuck in mud and blocked the road, police said.
The scene was expected to clear by 10:25 p.m. after a tow truck arrived at the scene. However, by 10:40 p.m., the road was still closed, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump holds ‘Salute to America’ event on July 4th
- 1 wounded in shooting just east of downtown Raleigh
- NC family’s yard flooded after Mercedes damages fire hydrant in hit-and-run
- Kanye West announces he’s running for president in 2020
- BMW and SUV go up in flames in Raleigh neighborhood
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now