RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A truck stuck in mud is blocking Jones Franklin Road in Raleigh on Monday night.
The incident was reported around 8:30 p.m. on Jones Franklin Road just north of Interstate 440. The road is blocked between Waters Edge Drive and Barringer Drive, according to Raleigh police.
The incident happened when a large box truck tried to turn around, but instead became stuck in mud and blocked the road, police said.
The scene was expected to clear by 10:25 p.m. after a tow truck arrived at the scene. However, by 10:40 p.m., the road was still closed, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Winston-Salem police investigating after body found is identified as man missing since November
- Biggest snow of season still on track overnight for central NC
- Convenience vs. privacy: How apps like Facebook Messenger spy on users
- Anticipation of snow leads to schedule changes for central NC schools, colleges