RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A truck stuck in mud is blocking Jones Franklin Road in Raleigh on Monday night.
The incident was reported around 8:30 p.m. on Jones Franklin Road just north of Interstate 440. The road is blocked between Waters Edge Drive and Barringer Drive, according to Raleigh police.
The incident happened when a large box truck tried to turn around, but instead became stuck in mud and blocked the road, police said.
The scene was expected to clear by 10:25 p.m. after a tow truck arrived at the scene. However, by 10:40 p.m., the road was still closed, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
- Fort Bragg access point reopens after ‘security incident’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now