KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — New surveillance video was released Friday after patrons and staff at a Knightdale bakery were robbed by armed suspects Wednesday evening.
Several calls reporting the robbery at the La Mexicanita Bakery came in around 7:20 p.m., Knightdale authorities said.
Some of the calls reporting hearing gunfire at the bakery located at 301 N. First Ave.
Knightdale police arrived on scene and learned three or four armed suspects entered the bakery and robbed two patrons and employees, Knightdale officials said.
The suspects fired shots at the bakery as they left the scene in a red sedan.
The new video, released from inside the bakery Friday, shows at least three people with guns waving them around the restaurant.
Two of the three people are seen wearing “hoodies” in the dramatic new video. One person can be seen behind the counter at the cash register during the video.
“This is nothing short of selfish and reckless deviance,” said Knightdale Police Chief Lawrence Capps. “Our local businesses are struggling in the wake of this pandemic. It is reprehensible that anyone would compound that stress and endanger human life with this kind of inexcusable behavior.”
No one was injured during the robbery.
Investigators are also asking anyone with information to contact them at 919-217-2264, especially those who may have been in the First Avenue and Main Street area of downtown Knightdale on Wednesday between 7 – 7:30 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway