RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The Wake County Public School System on Tuesday announced dates for when elementary and middle school students will return to classrooms. High school students will remain online through the end of the semester.
Kindergarten, first, second, and third grade students will begin a three-week rotation on Oct. 3. Fourth and fifth graders will begin three-week rotations on Nov. 16.
The vote was 5-4 with Chairman Keith Sutton as the decided vote.
Sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students will return on a three-week rotation on Nov. 9. The board voted 6-3 on that decision.
The board of education discussed the reopening plan at length the week before.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Advice for job seekers
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- McRib is back: McDonald’s fan-favorite to be available nationwide for first time since 2012
- Daughter watches massive tree crush family’s home during Tropical Storm Zeta in NC
- Suspect in critical condition after NC officer-involved shooting