RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two dogs were killed and three people were displaced following a house fire Tuesday morning in Wake County near Raleigh, fire officials on scene told CBS 17.
Eastern Wake Fire Department crews arrived at the scene in the 3500-block of Misty River Drive around 8 a.m., officials said. Ten trucks responded to the fire, including one unit from the Raleigh Fire Department.
The fire was mostly contained to the mobile home’s front porch, authorities said.
Three people were able to escape the home but two dogs were not. Fire crews located two dead dogs inside the home.
No people were injured in the fire.
Officials said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man dies after he’s found shot in car in Durham, police say
- Body found in NC mountains believed to be murdered man; 2 facing charges
- NC man charged with having explosive device is eligible for release after court hearing
- CDC to shorten recommended COVID-19 quarantine days
- Brothers write a love letter to a food we all love — pizza