RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Two dogs were killed and three people were displaced following a house fire Tuesday morning in Wake County near Raleigh, fire officials on scene told CBS 17.
Eastern Wake Fire Department crews arrived at the scene in the 3500-block of Misty River Drive around 8 a.m., officials said. Ten trucks responded to the fire, including one unit from the Raleigh Fire Department.
The fire was mostly contained to the mobile home’s front porch, authorities said.
Three people were able to escape the home but two dogs were not. Fire crews located two dead dogs inside the home.
No people were injured in the fire.
Officials said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Building trust on the border: FBI director works with community to stem crime, cyber threats
- UNCW to remove ‘Black Lives Matter’ banners from campus buildings, move them to an art exhibit
- Tropical Storm Beta spurs hurricane worries for Texas
- What does the orange dot on my iPhone mean?
- NC man jailed on $1 million bond for statutory rape of 15-year-old
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now