APEX, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake County man faces charges after raping a woman behind an Apex convenience store, according to a search warrant.
Rajinder Singh Aulakh, 45, of Holly Springs, is accused of raping a woman on June 8 near the wooded area behind the Circle K located at 1414 E. Williams St. Documents said two customers heard someone screaming for help. One of them said he saw a man in a yellow Polo shirt, later identified as Aulakh, standing over the victim.
The witnesses also saw Aulakh punch the woman in the face. One of them said he yelled at Aulakh to stop, which is when he pulled up his pants and left the area with a clear plastic bag later determined to be the victim’s belongings, documents said.
One of the witnesses also filmed Aulakh as he left the area.
The victim said she had been at the Circle K waiting to be picked up by a friend. She said Aulakh initially asked her to walk behind the convenience store to look at apartments. Aulakh then hit her in the face, knocking her to the ground, warrants said.
Apex police received the report at 6:31 p.m. on June 8. Aulakh was quickly located at a Comfort Inn across the street from the Circle K. He was found with the victim’s belongings in his room, warrants said.
Aulakh is charged with second-degree forcible rape, second-degree sexual offense, and common law robbery. He’s being held at the Wake County Jail.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Cannon Hinnant memorial plans to be announced Wednesday in Wilson
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company
- CBS 17 Job Alert – NC Forest Service hiring, substance abuse counselor needed in Butner