ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) — A Wake County man is charged with kidnapping and raping a teen girl on Thursday, according to an arrest warrant obtained by CBS 17.
Victor Emandes-Ramirez, 33, who has a listed address near Zebulon, is accused of kidnapping a 15-year-old girl and then committing sex crimes against her, warrants show.
Ramirez is charged with first-degree kidnapping, statutory rape of a child 15 years of age or younger, and statutory sex offense with a child 15 years of age or younger.
The crimes occurred Thursday, according to court documents.
Ramirez is being held in the Wake County Detention Center under a $1 million secured bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Friday afternoon.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Villagers re-elect mayor despite his death from COVID-19
- City of Cleveland prepares to host first presidential debate of 2020
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- Italian restaurant takes anti-mask stance with ‘Godfather’ billboard
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now