CLAYTON, N.C. (WNCN) — The Wake County Sheriff’s Office says they have arrested and charged a mom they say is responsible for leaving her baby unattended in a vehicle outside of a Clayon junkyard.
Deputies say Jennifer Shipman, 35, is charged with one count of misdemeanor child abuse.
A Garner man found the baby as he was out running errands. A video he took during the ordeal at LKQ Junkyard went viral on social media.
Deputies say they first learned of the incident after receiving the video from a concerned citizen, via the sheriff office’s Facebook page.
Shipman was booked into the Wake County Detention Center, with a $2,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now