KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wake County parent will face charges after a 15-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the foot Wednesday afternoon, a news release said.
The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. at a home on Delta River Way in Knightdale. The teen told police he was home alone when he found the firearm.
“At some point, the gun discharged, and the teen was struck in the foot,” the news release from town spokesperson Jonas Silver said.
The teen was taken to WakeMed. He is expected to recover, the release said.
Knightdale police are investigating the incident. It will be referred to Wake County Child Protective Services for review, the release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC and Catawba tribe sign casino revenue agreement for gaming resort
- 2 injured after police officer drives car through crowd of 100 at street race
- NC teen and woman among 4 killed after car crashes into pond in Myrtle Beach
- Flight to Raleigh from Florida hits bird on takeoff; jet returns to gate
- Man injured in daytime shooting in Durham, police say