KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) – Wake County authorities are investigating two more shootings in the same neighborhood where a double homicide occurred earlier in the week.
A Wednesday night shooting could be connected to a double homicide that occurred in the same neighborhood two days ago, the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.
Just before 10 p.m., Wake County deputies were called to a neighborhood off Poole Road following a report of multiple gunshots, sheriff’s office spokesman Eric Curry said.
Deputies learned a home in the 1200 block of Sweetgrass Street had been hit by gunfire.
No one was injured in the shooting, according to Curry.
Witnesses told deputies they believed the gunman left the scene in a SUV.
Then, just before 6 p.m., Wake County deputies responded to another report of shots being fired in the neighborhood. Curry later said that report was unfounded.
On Tuesday, children playing in the same neighborhood found the bodies of two men inside an SUV. The vehicle was parked just a block from Wednesday’s shooting, Curry said.
Those men, who have not been identified, had been shot to the death.
Investigators continue to gather witness statements and follow leads on the double homicide and last night’s shooting. Anyone with information on either case are urged to call the WCSO at 919-856-6911.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Bill Reh shares his winter weather predictions
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- New Zealand leader Ardern offers virus know-how to Joe Biden
- Sheetz, NC’s Wicked Weed Brewing team up for donut-infused beer
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys