RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Wake County has added more drive-thru COVID-19 testing events at the Sunnybrook parking deck.
The deck, located in Raleigh at 2925 Holston Lane, has been the site of drive-thru testing events for months.
Testing will run again from Sept. 21-22 and Sept. 24-26. Appointments are available in half-hour intervals from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with 400 testing slots available, according to a Wake County news release.
The service is free, but sign-up is required.
To sign up, people must first visit the county testing website and select a date and time slot.
They must then complete a registration form. The completed form must be printed or saved in an email for access at the testing site.
According to the release, tests are reserved for those who:
- Have COVID-like symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, and loss of smell
- Have been in close contact with a known positive case of COVID-19
- Are healthcare workers or first responders
- Work in high-risk settings like long-term care facilities, correctional facilities or homeless shelters
- Are 65 years old or older
- Have underlying health conditions
- Are a member of a vulnerable or historically marginalized population
- Are a frontline worker in a setting where social distancing is difficult
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 22-year-old charged with girlfriend’s murder in West Knoxville shooting
- 1 dead in motorcycle crash along S. Saunders St. near I-40 in Raleigh, police say
- Vendors grateful for opportunity presented by NC State Fair food event
- Triangle law enforcement issuing very few citations as COVID-19 cases continue to increase
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now