WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A Wake Forest family was displaced from their home after a fire broke out Saturday evening.
The blaze was reported just after 6:50 p.m. at a home in the 400 block of Groveton Trail, according to Capt. Ben Davis of the Wake Forest Fire Department.
Davis said that the fire began on the back of the home and the vinyl siding then burned. The fire then spread into the attic, Davis said.
It took 16 to 18 firefighters about 15 minutes to get the fire under control, Davis said.
The family of four and their dog managed to safely get out of the house. The Red Cross is assisting the family, Davis said.
The home sustained fire and water damage throughout. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, according to Davis.
- Family identifies 15-year-old girl killed in Ohio police shooting
- Trial date set for NC suspect in 3-year-old girl’s murder
- Missing college student was once buried in yard of suspect’s dad, documents say
- ‘I set a man on fire’ – Woman doused man in gas, lit him on fire at SC gas station, deputies say
- Former SC school resource officer charged with assaulting student