WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A Wake Forest family was displaced from their home after a fire broke out Saturday evening.
The blaze was reported just after 6:50 p.m. at a home in the 400 block of Groveton Trail, according to Capt. Ben Davis of the Wake Forest Fire Department.
Davis said that the fire began on the back of the home and the vinyl siding then burned. The fire then spread into the attic, Davis said.
It took 16 to 18 firefighters about 15 minutes to get the fire under control, Davis said.
The family of four and their dog managed to safely get out of the house. The Red Cross is assisting the family, Davis said.
The home sustained fire and water damage throughout. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, according to Davis.
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now