WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — Although Wake Forest canceled its annual Christmas parade scheduled for Saturday that didn’t mean there were no celebrations.
Hundreds of community members joined together to sing Christmas carols around the tree by town hall.
The Wake Forest band played for everyone.
Santa Claus also came for a visit with many children.
Later, the group visited neighboring businesses downtown.
Town leaders canceled the parade after protests were planned surrounding a Confederacy float being in it.
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Woman in critical condition after Nash County high-speed chase ends in crash in Wake County
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family