WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A crash involving two vehicles left a man dead and closed all lanes of northbound Capital Boulevard in Wake Forest for about four hours Saturday.
Police say the crash happened before 11:50 a.m. near Stadium Drive in Wake Forest.
Wake Forest town officials said a vehicle driven by a Wake Forest man was traveling south along Capital Boulevard/U.S. 1 when his vehicle crossed the median and struck a vehicle traveling north.
Wayne Martin Walker, 73, who was driving the vehicle that crossed the median, died, Wake Forest officials said.
Authorities say a woman who was driving the other vehicle was taken to a nearby hospital with injuries. The woman’s condition is unknown, police say.
Images from the scene showed a red minivan and a black SUV, both with major damage.
The road reopened around 3:45 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- 1,290 new COVID-19 cases reported Sunday, percent positive up to 5.1 percent
- Third time not a charm for Blue Devils
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’