WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) – Firefighters are on the scene of a fire Friday afternoon that damaged four townhomes off Burlington Mills Road.
Multiple fire departments, including Wake Forest and Rolesville, responded to the call around 3 p.m. from a complex on Gross Avenue.
One young man was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to Wake Forest Fire Battalion Chief Edward Barrett.
Four townhomes were impacted during the fire. One was a total loss.
Firefighters rescued a bunny, two dogs and a cat. But a kitten is still missing.
The Northern Wake Fire Department asked the public to avoid the Ligon Mill Road and Gross Avenue area.
No one was injured in the fire.
A woman who lives next door said she was on the back porch at the time and saw the fire. She then quickly got her mom and brother out of the house. She said she didn’t even have time to put shoes on.
Several neighbors have given out bottles of water and Gatorade to fire crews.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor decision spills into America’s streets
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Virginia parents of children with autism push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- UNC-Wilmington professor discovers ancient mummified penguins in Antarctica
- Massachusetts man dies from eating bags of black licorice
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now