PENDER COUNTY, N.C. (WECT) – The Pender County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for help locating a registered sex offender who has changed his address without notifying deputies.
Sheriff’s office officials say Albert Cyrus Knight Jr., 65, also used a false and misleading address when he initially registered with Pender County in 2008. According to the N.C. Sex Offender Registry, Knight’s last known address is 650 Hickory Hill Ln. in Burgaw.
Knight, who was previously convicted of indecent behavior with juveniles in Lousiana in 2000, has been previously charged with failure to notify address change violations.
Deputies believe Knight may be in Wake County.
Anyone with information as to Knight’s whereabouts is asked to contact their local law enforcement agency and Detective-Sergeant Steve Clinard at 910-259-1515 or 910-259-1437.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism
- LIVE: White House press secretary holds briefing
- Full List: Bed Bath & Beyond plans to close these stores by the end of 2020
- ‘Uber for evictions’: Startup raising eyebrows for listing tenant removal gig jobs
- Crews work to put out ‘large structure fire’ in Dunn
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2020 WECT. All rights reserved.