RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Durham man already in custody for hiding a camera in a hospital bathroom now faces a child sex crime charge after police said he secretly peeped on a 6-year-old.
Adrian Casablanca, 54, was arrested Monday after he was charged with installing a Sony camcorder in a bathroom at WakeMed on New Bern Avenue in Raleigh, court documents show.
He was initially charged with felony secret peeping and felony installing/using a photo device in a room.
On Tuesday, Casablanca was charged with felony indecent liberties with a minor after investigators said he recorded a 6-year-old in the hospital bathroom.
He received a $40,000 bond on Tuesday.
Earlier in the week, arrest warrants for Casablanca said the video camera he installed captured an image of a 52-year-old woman in the bathroom.
Following his arrest, WakeMed released a statement that reads:
“WakeMed took immediate action to identify and arrest the suspect. The investigation is ongoing with more charges pending.”
Casablanca remains in custody at the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Portuguese Man o’ War spotted on beaches from Surfside Beach to North Myrtle Beach
- North Carolina Zoo welcomes second litter of critically endangered red wolf pups
- Morrisville Sheetz employee tests positive for COVID-19, store closed for cleaning
- Zion Williamson seeks to avoid answering questions about improper benefits
- YouTuber, husband permanently place adopted 4-year-old son with autism with ‘new mommy’