RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Durham man already in custody for hiding a camera in a hospital bathroom now faces a child sex crime charge after police said he secretly peeped on a 6-year-old.
Adrian Casablanca, 54, was arrested Monday after he was charged with installing a Sony camcorder in a bathroom at WakeMed on New Bern Avenue in Raleigh, court documents show.
He was initially charged with felony secret peeping and felony installing/using a photo device in a room.
On Tuesday, Casablanca was charged with felony indecent liberties with a minor after investigators said he recorded a 6-year-old in the hospital bathroom.
He received a $40,000 bond on Tuesday.
Earlier in the week, arrest warrants for Casablanca said the video camera he installed captured an image of a 52-year-old woman in the bathroom.
Following his arrest, WakeMed released a statement that reads:
“WakeMed took immediate action to identify and arrest the suspect. The investigation is ongoing with more charges pending.”
Casablanca remains in custody at the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fail foliage expected to peak for some North Carolina mountains this weekend
- Police release new details in assault following Luke Bryan concert in Raleigh
- ‘Mo’ named first dog travel agent for Visit North Carolina
- Attorney offers to represent 3-year-old’s abductor for $1
- Pilot dies when aircraft goes down near Moore County runway