RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man was arrested after police say he broke into a Raleigh home and stole a safe and jewelry worth more than $100,000.
Lamar Maurice Brown, 25, was charged with felony breaking and/or entering, felony larceny after breaking/entering, and felony obtain property under false pretenses, according to the arrest warrant.
Raleigh police say Brown broke into a home near Brooks Avenue on Sept. 1. and stole a safe containing numerous jewelry pieces and watches.
He’s also accused of stealing a few additional watches not in the safe. The jewelry is estimated to be worth $105,000.
According to the arrest warrant, Brown then went to Treasure Isle Jewelry Store in Raleigh and sold nine pieces of jewelry for $700.
He is currently being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $150,000 bond.
- ‘The Price is Right Live’ coming to NC
- Johnston County high-speed chase ends near Smithfield Food Lion, officials say
- Netflix star Marie Kondo launches online shop
- Police: Three dead after shooting at an Oklahoma Walmart
- A unique meteor shower coming this week
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now