RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A convicted sex offender from Rocky Mount has been arrested for attending the North Carolina State Fair, warrants say.
Kymari Garrett, 24, of Rocky Mount, was arrested on Monday at the State Fairgrounds off Blue Ridge Road.
He is charged with felony sex offender unlawfully on premises with children present.
In March 2018, Garrett was arrested and charged in Nash County with two counts of misdemeanor sexual battery and one count of felony indecent liberties with a child.
He was convicted in November 2018 of sexual battery of a 14-year-old stemming from a June 2016 incident.
He was released from prison in January.
Following his arrest at the Fairgrounds, Garrett was charged with a misdemeanor probation violation out of Nash County.
Garrett is currently being held at the Wake County Detention Center under an $100,000 bond.
- USS Arizona survivor: Honor those killed at Pearl Harbor
- City of Durham gets report on traffic stops
- Clayton police investigating homicide
- UNC’s Avery Patterson scores twice, but Tar Heels fall in national championship
- Duke student wins $100,000 for tuition in football toss; uproar leads to 2 winners in another contest