RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A convicted sex offender from Rocky Mount has been arrested for attending the North Carolina State Fair, warrants say.
Kymari Garrett, 24, of Rocky Mount, was arrested on Monday at the State Fairgrounds off Blue Ridge Road.
He is charged with felony sex offender unlawfully on premises with children present.
In March 2018, Garrett was arrested and charged in Nash County with two counts of misdemeanor sexual battery and one count of felony indecent liberties with a child.
He was convicted in November 2018 of sexual battery of a 14-year-old stemming from a June 2016 incident.
He was released from prison in January.
Following his arrest at the Fairgrounds, Garrett was charged with a misdemeanor probation violation out of Nash County.
Garrett is currently being held at the Wake County Detention Center under an $100,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- A classic is back: Necco Wafers are headed back to store shelves
- Authorities investigating fire at Stagville, a former slave plantation in Durham County
- Raleigh mayor issues 8 p.m. curfew following 2 nights of violence, destruction in downtown
- NC surpasses 29,000 positive COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 29,263; deaths just under 900
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Orange Theory, Hilldrup Moving & Storage are hiring
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now