RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A convicted sex offender from Rocky Mount has been arrested for attending the North Carolina State Fair, warrants say.
Kymari Garrett, 24, of Rocky Mount, was arrested on Monday at the State Fairgrounds off Blue Ridge Road.
He is charged with felony sex offender unlawfully on premises with children present.
In March 2018, Garrett was arrested and charged in Nash County with two counts of misdemeanor sexual battery and one count of felony indecent liberties with a child.
He was convicted in November 2018 of sexual battery of a 14-year-old stemming from a June 2016 incident.
He was released from prison in January.
Following his arrest at the Fairgrounds, Garrett was charged with a misdemeanor probation violation out of Nash County.
Garrett is currently being held at the Wake County Detention Center under an $100,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- FACT CHECK: Examining claims from last Trump-Biden debate
- Trump, Biden go after each other on coronavirus, taxes
- Triangle mega-church opts to hold off in-person services until vaccine developed, metrics decline
- Michael Jordan helps open 2nd medical clinic in North Carolina
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now