RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Ahead of this weekend’s BrickUniverse Lego convention in Raleigh, two builders stopped by CBS 17 to show off their skills.
E.J. Bocan III, a professional Lego artist, and Greyson Beights with Brickuniverse created the CBS 17 logo in about an hour during the morning news.
BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention is marking its fifth year in North Carolina when it comes to the Raleigh Convention Center March 8-9.
“The event in Raleigh has become one of the largest LEGO fan events in the world,” according to BrickUniverse.
- LEGO Friends Building Area: tons of LEGO Friends bricks for building fun!
- Big Brick Building: younger visitors can explore imagination through building with larger LEGO Duplo bricks.
- LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and goodies.
- Star Wars Zone: build spaceships and more with thousands of LEGO STAR WARS themed bricks.
- The Challenge Zone: compete with other attendees head-to-head in brick building challenges.
- Meet-and-Greets: with LEGO artists, authors, and builders
- Massive LEGO displays: with lights, moving mechanics, and more
- The Building Zone: thousands of bricks laid out for attendees for building and creating.
Tickets are still available but expected to sell out.
Tickets are $15 online and $18 at the door if they do not sell out beforehand.
They are available for March 8 and March 9 at brickuniverse.com/raleigh.