RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh Water says that in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, water disconnections for unpaid bills will be temporarily suspended.
“During this time, we want to ensure all Raleigh Water customers have access to clean drinking water and wastewater services. We will continue to monitor guidance from public health agencies and provide updates on this policy moving forward,” a spokesperson said in a release.
Customers are encouraged to avoid paying bills in person and to utilize alternate payment methods, including by mail, online portal or by calling 919-996-3245.
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Colorado man denied lottery winnings after missing deadline by 3 days
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean
- Judge Judy to move her gavel to streaming service IMDb TV
- NC environmental groups say Neuse River fish kill is the longest they’ve seen in decades
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now