RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A water main break that flooded a section of Glenwood Avenue Monday morning could leave the road closed for a few days.
Raleigh police have Glenwood Avenue blocked at Blue Ridge Road near Crabtree Valley Mall. Traffic must follow a signed detour.
The impacted section of Glenwood Avenue is covered in a significant amount of water.
The closure is impacting traffic heading towards the Beltline. Congestion is reported on surrounding roads including, Creedmoor Road, Blue Ridge Road, and Lead Mine Road.
CBS 17’s Laura Smith says to avoid Glenwood Avenue if you can. She suggests drivers use Millbrook Road or Duraleigh Road as alternate routes.
Officials said the road could be closed until Wednesday or Thursday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County sheriff’s ‘ghost’ cruiser causes controversy
- Hurricanes score 3 in 3rd period to beat Nashville, 4-2
- Working against the clock, Triangle hospitals make sure COVID-19 vaccines aren’t wasted
- Biden won’t end COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions
- Gray’s 17 points lead Florida State past Louisville 78-65