RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) will be giving out free “Winter Break Meal Bundles” to children 18 and under beginning Monday.
The district’s Child Nutrition Services unit is offering nutritious meal packs during winter break to help ensure that kids won’t go hungry this holiday season.
The meals, which needed to be pre-ordered, will be distributed beginning today from 10:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. at select sites in Wake County.
The meal bundles are limited to one per child and include eight breakfasts and eight lunches. Children receiving the meals do not need to be students in the school district and the meals are being provided at no cost.
Officials are advising families to make sure that they have enough refrigerator/freezer space to store all the meals.
Masks and six-foot social distancing will be required during the meal distribution.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Amazon adding hundreds of jobs in Triangle with 2 new ‘delivery stations’
- Local essential workers hopeful as COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to them
- In rare move, NC Republicans working toward second veto override attempt
- Getting answers: What can I do after I get my second shot?
- Sponsored Content: Duke Cancer Institute Doctor and Patient Discuss the Impact of Follicular Lymphoma