RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Interstate 40 east near Lake Wheeler Road was closed Tuesday morning following a chain-reaction crash that occurred during Monday night’s heavy rains.
A tractor-trailer driving on I-40 east hydroplaned and flipped on its side Monday night. According to Raleigh police, while a wrecker operator was trying to get the tractor-trailer upright, the wrecker was hit by a Fed-Ex truck that then jack-knifed and hit a Wake County EMS vehicle.
Police responded to the scene at approximately 1:12 a.m. Tuesday.
No one was injured in any of the crashes, police said.
Police were rerouting traffic on I-40 east near Lake Wheeler Road to Gorman Street and then back onto Lake Wheeler Road.
The impacted section of I-40 remained closed until about 6:45 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump pardons Flynn, taking direct aim at Russia probe
- Road closed in Clayton as crews battle house fire
- Police: Man punched woman in eye, choked child following argument at North Myrtle Beach apartment
- Man shot in the arm during drive-by in Durham, police say
- Man faces murder charge after deadly shooting at party in Lexington