RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As heavy rains pounded Raleigh on Tuesday morning, one driver managed to catch a wild spin out and wreck on video on Interstate 40.
The rains had caused ponding in areas of I-40 by 6:50 a.m. Tuesday when one CBS 17 viewer was driving with his rear dash cam recording video.
Behind him, trouble was brewing as one car went over a large puddle. The rear-wheel drive Dodge Challenger hydroplaned and spun out across three lanes of I-40, the video showed.
The Dodge appeared to do a 360-degree turn at high speed during the wreck.
It collided with another car that was also traveling in the area of I-40 between Aviation Parkway (Exit 285) and I-540 (Exit 283B).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- The town of Swastika, New York votes unanimously to keep its name
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Best Buy, Stir in North Hills are hiring
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor decision spills into America’s streets
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now