WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — Wake Forest police say a woman accused of stealing a credit card at a senior living center turned herself in Tuesday.
Artisha Burwell turned herself in without incident, police say.
Burwell faces one count of obtaining property by false pretense, one felony count of financial card theft and one count of misdemeanor larceny.
The incident happened Monday at Brookdale Senior Living. Police said the suspect entered Brookdale and wandered the halls until finding an open door to an employee’s office. She then rummaged through the desk and found a credit card.
That card was later used at a local grocery store, the news release said.
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show
- 1 million air passengers reported in a day marks new flying milestone during pandemic
- Counties reaching out to about 10,000 NC voters who need to fix absentee ballot issues
- Wake County fire tanker truck crashes while responding to house fire
- 20-year-old ‘dead’ woman found alive at funeral home later dies at Detroit hospital, family says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now