RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A major milestone is approaching for Pauline Tucker in Raleigh.
Tucker was one of the first graduates at what is now known as Wake Technical Community College.
She earned a diploma in the medical laboratory assistant program when she was 40-years-old.
Saturday she celebrated her birthday with family, friends and fellow Wake Tech classmates.
CBS 17 asked Tucker what the secret is to looking so good at 95.
“Since I received salvation, I learned how to follow his command. He said ‘if you follow my command, I will be with you until the end of the age’,” Tucker said.
Tucker told CBS 17 going back to school at Wake Tech was a huge turning point and blessing in her life.
Tucker one of the first nine students to earn a diploma when classes were held at Wake Memorial Hospital, which is now WakeMed.
- Wake Forest comes back to edge Pittsburgh 76-75
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away 10 days earlier in Oregon landslide
- Duke faculty remember Hank Aaron’s impact on campus youth summer program
- NC-based Marine honored for saving mom and child after car wreck
- Man killed in shooting during dispute at NC sweepstakes parlor