KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 20-year-old was arrested Tuesday afternoon after a short chase ended with a crash in Knightdale, the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said.
Just before 3 p.m., a deputy tried to initiate a traffic stop at Highway 264 and Wendell Falls Parkway. The suspect, Austin Christopher Williams, sped away, leading toa chase onto Interstate 540, the release said.
Williams took the Knightdale Boulevard exit and ended up colliding with another car. He fled on foot and was later apprehended without incident, the sheriff’s office said.
The woman driving the second vehicle and the child in it were taken to WakeMed with minor injuries, the release said.
Williams was taken to the Wake County Detention Center.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Childress, Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing into car on I-40 near Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh
- NC man charged with trafficking opioids, meth; bond set at $1 million
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now