RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman crashed an SUV into an apartment building, stunning the people inside who were sleeping Friday, officials say.
The incident happened around 11 a.m. at 3151 Calvary Drive, near the Capital Boulevard and Louisburg Road split, according to police.
Several people were inside the apartment unit when it was hit.
“Sounded like a bomb,” said Robert Fusasolis, who was in the apartment that was hit.
Fusasolis said he evacuated his wife and their young granddaugter, who were sleeping in the unit where the crash happened.
Police are investigating how the crash happened.
No one was hurt.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Orange County school leaders to meet again after 2 hours of debating in-person learning plans
- NC to allow indoor visits at nursing homes as progress made against COVID-19
- 2 Cumberland County schools to close for cleaning after staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Does smoke exposure increase firefighters’ susceptibility to COVID-19? It’s possible, UNC researcher says
- Man wounded in Durham shooting along East Main Street, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now