CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – Cary police said they’re investigating after a pedestrian was killed in a traffic collision Monday morning.
The driver was a 16-year-old boy, police said.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. along the 1000 block of Castalia Drive, which is in a neighborhood near the intersection of High House and NW Maynard roads.
Cary police Capt. Steve Wilkins said the car came around a curve on Castalia Drive near Cougar Court and hit the woman, who was later identified as 52-year-old Sandra Verastegui. She died at the scene.
The woman’s family lives nearby and has been notified. Investigators are interviewing the driver, who stayed on scene, as well as witnesses.
No other information was immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 children taken at knifepoint from mom found safe, suspect still on run
- Panera Bread worker says TikTok video showing frozen mac-and-cheese got her fired
- Thief waited for customer to pay before grabbing cash at Fayetteville store, police say
- Patient dies after being left unattended for more than an hour in hospital’s ER waiting room
- Fort Worth officer resigns after killing woman in her own home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now