CARY, N.C. (WNCN) – Cary police said they’re investigating after a pedestrian was killed in a traffic collision Monday morning.
The driver was a 16-year-old boy, police said.
The accident happened around 9:30 a.m. along the 1000 block of Castalia Drive, which is in a neighborhood near the intersection of High House and NW Maynard roads.
Cary police Capt. Steve Wilkins said the car came around a curve on Castalia Drive near Cougar Court and hit the woman, who was later identified as 52-year-old Sandra Verastegui. She died at the scene.
The woman’s family lives nearby and has been notified. Investigators are interviewing the driver, who stayed on scene, as well as witnesses.
No other information was immediately available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NCDPI launches statewide K-12 job board
- Turtle dies after smashing through driver’s windshield in Georgia
- Homeless man accused of attacking, killing 94-year-old man in San Francisco
- Youth baseball beginning to resume across central North Carolina
- College student wanted in 2 Connecticut slayings is captured in Maryland
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now