RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A woman was wounded when she was stabbed by another woman in Raleigh Saturday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 4 p.m. in the 200 block of South Pettigrew Street, according to Raleigh police.
The injured woman was taken to a nearby hospital after suffering minor injuries in the stabbing, police said.
The incident happened during “an altercation” between the pair, according to police.
Ella Danielle Yarborough, 34, of Pettigrew Street, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill/inflict serious injuries, police said.
No other details were released by authorities.
- 2 GoRaleigh employees test positive for COVID-19
- Outer Banks island ravaged by storms and virus restrictions
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- NC reports record highs in daily deaths, total hospitalizations due to COVID-19
- North Carolina community colleges to train law enforcement officers on impartial policing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now