CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC/WNCN) — A female abduction suspect with ties to Raleigh who was on the run with a 9-year-old child was arrested Thursday night.
Virginia State police say the male child, who is a family member of the suspect, was safely rescued.
Around 6 p.m., police received an alert from Raleigh police about the incident.
The suspect vehicle was located on Interstate 95 in Chesterfield County, Virginia, then a pursuit ensued.
The suspect was later caught and then taken into custody.
Police did not release any other details about the suspect. CBS 17 has reached out to the Raleigh Police Department for more information, but has not heard back.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump threatens to regulate or close social media after Twitter fact-checks him
- Raleigh Harris Teeter manager sentenced to prison for running ‘gun pipeline’ to DC
- Tropical Storm Bertha forms off SC coast, expected to reach inland NC tonight
- Wedding photography company refuses to refund money after bride-to-be dies
- California sues over sex misconduct on ‘Criminal Minds’ set
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now