WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) — A Youngsville man who was wanted on a dozen child sex crime charges turned himself in to Wake Forest police Friday morning, officials said.
Mark Strickland White, 53, was wanted on warrants for six counts of statutory sex offense of a child by an adult and six counts of indecent liberties with a minor.
Wake Forest police sent a press release Thursday asking for the public’s help locating White. Another release was sent Friday morning announcing that White turned himself in earlier in the morning.
According to officials, the sex offenses involve three victims and occurred in Wake Forest over a 19-year period, starting in 2000. The victims ranged in age from 5 years old to 9 years old, warrants show.
White is being held in the Wake County Detention Center on a $3.5 million secured bond. His first court appearance is set for Monday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC AG Stein tells suspected phone scammer they are ‘breaking the law’ during speech
- Bridesmaids carry puppies instead of flowers to support local shelter
- Company gets FDA nod for first contact lens to slow nearsightedness in kids
- SJAFB Senior Airman charged with murder in Mambo 69 nightclub shooting
- Top 3 all-time Jeopardy! winners to compete in January
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now