ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) — A 21-year-old woman died after slamming her vehicle into a concrete bridge support Sunday night in Zebulon, according to police.
Officers responded to the scene at 9:59 p.m.
Zebulon police said Shannon Faye Parker, of Zebulon, was driving west on U.S. Highway 64 when she lost control of her 2003 Ford Explorer and crashed into a concrete bridge support on the highway.
Parker was extricated from her SUV by the Zebulon Fire Department, but lifesaving efforts were not successful, police said.
According to authorities, Parker was in the SUV by herself and no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
She was pronounced dead at the scene by Wake County EMS.
Police said that “early analysis of the crash indicate that speed was a contributing factor.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- John Lennon’s killer says he sought glory, deserved death penalty
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Single-dose vaccine tested as US experts say no corners cut
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now