ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) – Deputies with the Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office had an easier time than perhaps expected when they busted a man suspected of stealing crops near Rocky Mount, officials say.
Friday morning, authorities responded to the theft report on Highway 97 to find the suspect stuck in a field with a truckload of stolen watermelons, according to a Facebook post made by the sheriff’s office.
Michael Anthony Bryant is charged with misdemeanor larceny. He was given a $500 bond.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
- NC duo planned to take teen girl from Massachusetts for ‘sexual purposes,’ deputies say
- NC family looking for a home for Christmas after crash knocks car into their house
- Wake Forest community comes together to host event after parade canceled
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now