ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) – Deputies with the Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office had an easier time than perhaps expected when they busted a man suspected of stealing crops near Rocky Mount, officials say.
Friday morning, authorities responded to the theft report on Highway 97 to find the suspect stuck in a field with a truckload of stolen watermelons, according to a Facebook post made by the sheriff’s office.
Michael Anthony Bryant is charged with misdemeanor larceny. He was given a $500 bond.
No further information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Judge says family of Andrew Brown Jr. will get to see ‘only portions’ of body cam video in his death on Tuesday
- 3 NC teens charged with murder of 17-year-old found dead near a high school
- Making disaster preparedness SIMPLE
- New Chauvin indictment: Boy, 14, held down with knee on neck, hit with flashlight in 2017
- Woman charged after daughter nearly died from lice