GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A Goldsboro man is facing several sex charges Monday after police say he sexually abused a juvenile “over many years.”
The investigation first began on April 13 when Goldsboro police took a report about sexual assaults that happened while the victim was a juvenile, a police news release said.
The case dates back to incidents happening as early as 2006.
Following an investigation, George Lamont Washington is facing several charges including first-degree statutory rape and two counts of statutory rape/offense, the news release said.
Washington, 45, was arrested Monday.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under a $1 million bond.
His first court date is set for Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dead cat gets voter registration application in mail
- University of South Carolina says SAT, ACT optional for 2021
- Florida woman takes job as nursing home dishwasher to be close to husband with Alzheimer’s
- Washington Redskins shedding name, logo after 87 years
- Man, 30, dies after attending ‘COVID party,’ doctor says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now