GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — Wayne County officials say that a child was hit by a vehicle in the Mar-Mac community outside Goldsboro Saturday afternoon.
An 11-year-old was airlifted by being hit by the vehicle, according to Joel Gillie, spokesman for Wayne County.
The incident happened southwest of Goldsboro along Old Grantham Road near Crestwood Drive, Gillie said.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is investigating the incident.
No other details were available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers steal nearly $60,000 from NC Boys and Girls Club
- At least 128 people sick after eating sushi from NC Harris Teeter stores
- Army vet tests positive for COVID, dies after taking multi-state trip with NC bus company
- CBS 17 Job Alert – NC Forest Service hiring, substance abuse counselor needed in Butner
- Murder suspect from 2015 Robeson County shooting now charged in another shooting