GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – Goldsboro police officers arrested three people in connection with a “large-scale assault” from April, according to a news release.
The assault happened at about 7:40 p.m. on April 26 in a parking lot along the 100 block of Day Circle in Goldsboro. The victim was a 26-year-old man.
“Through the aid of video surveillance available in the area, several individuals were identified as suspects in the assault. Warrants for arrest have been issued,” police said in a release.
Dajoun Jeffente Hargis, 23, Satarus Tyshon Burt, 19, and Tajhmeek Sample, 19 were arrested Monday. All three are charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, common law robbery, and riot, the release said.
Burt and Sample are each being held on $255,000 bonds. Hargis is being held on a $50,000 bond.
“Some defendants in this case have previously been validated as gang members and received enhanced bonds in this case,” police said.
Additional arrests are expected.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mark Wahlberg donates 1.3M face masks to schools across the country
- Cumberland County aiming to turn libraries into virtual learning centers for children of county employees
- Amazon takes down ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise
- Should UNC-CH students return to campus this spring? Committee helping the University decide
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now