WALNUT CREEK, N.C. (WNCN) – The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash on U.S. Route 70 Bypass eastbound in Wayne County, officials said.
The single-vehicle crash occurred around 6:45 a.m. on U.S. 70 Bypass eastbound at mile marker 368 near Walnut Creek, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Highway patrol said they have no further information to release at this time.
One lane is closed due to the crash and the NCDOT estimates it will reopen around 8:45 a.m.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC police swarmed by ‘hostile crowd’ of about 50 after drug bust, officials say
- NC hospital system sends workers flier on race: ’16 bridge-building tips for white people’
- VIDEO: Crews implode former NC prison to make way for National Guard center
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- NC records highest single-day increase of new COVID-19 cases Saturday; record hospitalizations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now