GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A 27-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot Monday morning on Corney Street in Goldsboro, police said.
Police were called to the 700 block of Corney Street around 9:20 a.m. following a report of a shooting.
Goldsboro officers found Aaron Matthew Garrett Jr., who lives on Corney Street, suffering from a gunshot wound, police said.
He was taken to Wayne UNC Healthcare and later Vidant Medical Center where he is listed in serious condition.
Goldsboro police did not immediately release suspect information.
The shooting remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Activate this ‘hidden’ Facebook feature to protect your account from hackers
- Florida couple accused of starving, locking up 3 teens; 1 teen weighed 50 pounds
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
- Can police stop drivers over air fresheners?
- Virtual Run in Remembrance kicks off on 14th anniversary of Virginia Tech shooting