GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A 27-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot Monday morning on Corney Street in Goldsboro, police said.
Police were called to the 700 block of Corney Street around 9:20 a.m. following a report of a shooting.
Goldsboro officers found Aaron Matthew Garrett Jr., who lives on Corney Street, suffering from a gunshot wound, police said.
He was taken to Wayne UNC Healthcare and later Vidant Medical Center where he is listed in serious condition.
Goldsboro police did not immediately release suspect information.
The shooting remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Father of 2-year-old shot in Fayetteville was shot to death in May 2019, police say
- WATCH: Woman tells officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- 2020 Maui Invitational to be held in Asheville; UNC, Davidson part of field
- Tropical Storm Wilfred forms in Atlantic – next named storm will be ‘Alpha’
- AMIkids is Transforming Youths Lives Day By Day