GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A Goldsboro man is wanted for stealing a woman’s identity to take out a loan to buy a car worth more than $30,000, police said.
The identity theft happened on April 29. A separate report was filed with Raleigh police regarding additional fraud and forgery involving the same person, Goldsboro police said.
Jerad Dobruck is wanted for identity theft and obtaining property by false pretense. Anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts is encouraged to contact law enforcement or call CrimeStoppers at 919-735-2255.
No additional information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now