GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — Goldsboro police say a man was taken to the hospital after being shot Thursday evening.
Police responded to the 900-block of First Street around 7:51 p.m. after reports of a shooting.
The 35-year-old victim sustained a gunshot wound and was transported to Wayne UNC Healthcare for treatment of his injuries. Once stabilized, he was moved to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, police said.
The shooter remains on the run.
Police have not said what led up to the shooting or released any suspect information.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- NC man fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Nash County deputy seriously injured in crash in Rocky Mount, police say
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home