GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman was found dead after a house fire early Saturday in Goldsboro, officials say.
The blaze was reported around 2:35 a.m. at 1109 North John Street, according to a news release from Goldsboro city officials.
Goldsboro fire crews responded and found a body inside the home.
Lovetta Brodie Benjamin, 69, who lived at the home, was identified as the victim, according to the news release from Goldsboro spokeswoman LaToya Henry.
The North Carolina SBI responded to the scene and is assisting Goldsboro police to determine the fire’s cause, Henry said.
No other details were available.
- I-440 reopens after earlier police investigation
- One dead after early morning shooting in Raleigh
- Last El Paso shooting victim laid to rest on Saturday
- As Durham homicides increase, residents rally against violence
- At least 45 vehicles involved in crash that closed I-40/I-85 in Orange County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now