GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman was found dead after a house fire early Saturday in Goldsboro, officials say.
The blaze was reported around 2:35 a.m. at 1109 North John Street, according to a news release from Goldsboro city officials.
Goldsboro fire crews responded and found a body inside the home.
Lovetta Brodie Benjamin, 69, who lived at the home, was identified as the victim, according to the news release from Goldsboro spokeswoman LaToya Henry.
The North Carolina SBI responded to the scene and is assisting Goldsboro police to determine the fire’s cause, Henry said.
No other details were available.
- WHO to temporarily stop study of malaria drug
- Trump honors fallen soldiers on Memorial Day in twin events
- Woman stabbed as she tried picking up friend who was arguing with people, police say
- Raleigh Dream Center meeting increased food need during coronavirus pandemic
- Franklin County expands COVID-19 testing at nursing homes
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now