GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A Goldsboro man was jailed on drug charges on a $1.5 million bond after an investigation by the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency.
A news release said detectives with both agencies were conducting an investigation on Thursday into the sale and distribution of cocaine and heroin from 504 South Linwood Ave. They executed a search warrant and found about two ounces of heroin.
Ayshaun Canady, 25, was arrested and charged with third level trafficking in heroin, maintaining a dwelling, and possession of drug paraphernalia, the release said.
Additional charges are expected. Canady is being held at the Wayne County Detention Center, the release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Outbound Glenwood Ave. closed in Raleigh after 2 injured in head-on crash
- Fundraising underway for Erwin teen who suffered cardiac arrest in baseball practice
- NC man charged after killing dad, wounding brother in stabbing, deputies say
- Chapel Hill officials ask UNC to relocate ‘Silent Sam’ statue away from town
- ‘A miracle’ plane did not catch fire after 3 students, pilot injured in Cumberland County crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now