GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A Goldsboro man was jailed on drug charges on a $1.5 million bond after an investigation by the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Agency.
A news release said detectives with both agencies were conducting an investigation on Thursday into the sale and distribution of cocaine and heroin from 504 South Linwood Ave. They executed a search warrant and found about two ounces of heroin.
Ayshaun Canady, 25, was arrested and charged with third level trafficking in heroin, maintaining a dwelling, and possession of drug paraphernalia, the release said.
Additional charges are expected. Canady is being held at the Wayne County Detention Center, the release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now