ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WNCN) – A Wayne County inmate who had been on the run for almost a week was captured Friday night in Rocky Mount, according to a news release from the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.
Victor Ramon Castro was discovered missing during an inmate count around lunchtime Sept. 13. It was discovered through video that he walked off from the Wayne County Detention Center around 6:46 a.m., the release said.
Castro was apprehended around 11:15 p.m. Friday at the Sunshine Inn in Rocky Mount. There was “limited resistance as he attempted to evade arrest,” the release said.
Castro is charged with escape from a detention center. He was transported back to the Wayne County Detention Center and placed under a $25,000 bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump softens on sending troops to states, White House sources say
- Fishermen catch 220 pounds of tuna, donate it to health care workers
- NCGA to discuss bills that would allow teens to get driver’s licenses without taking a road test
- Man arrested, charged in connection with murder of teen girl at Raleigh apartment complex
- UNCW announces revised schedule for the fall semester
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now