GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCT) — On Thursday, the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office located a man who was missing since last month.
Officials said Xzavier Rendell Pearsall, 22, was found dead inside his car in a heavy wooded area in the 300 block of Stanley Chapel Church Road in Southern Wayne County.
The car, a 2012 Gold Cadillac 4 door CT, was not visible from the roadway.
It is believed that Pearsall died as a result of a single-car motor vehicle accident, deputies said.
“All evidence indicated that Pearsall’s vehicle left the roadway and came to a stop in the wooded area,” deputies said.
Pearsall’s family reported him missing on Jan. 18.
He was last seen on Jan. 17 on 2020 Arrington Bridge Road and US 117 South in Goldsboro.
Deputies said he missed his birthday and work without calling anyone.
On Friday, deputies said that they had not found anything suspicious in their investigation so far.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sen. Bernie Sanders heads back to NC ahead of Super Tuesday
- Gibbs scores with 0.1 seconds left, Irish beat BC 62-61
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now