GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) – A teen boy was arrested and charged this weekend in connection with an armed robbery that occurred earlier this month, Goldsboro police announced Monday.
According to police, on Dec. 14 around 10:36 p.m. a victim reported being robbed at gunpoint while in the parking lot of 1111 Olivia Lane, which is the address for Kaiser Food Market.
During the investigation, a 15-year-old male was developed as the suspect, police said. On Dec. 16, police filed a juvenile petition against the suspect for robbery with a dangerous weapon.
On Dec. 19 at approximately 3:30 p.m., the boy was arrested and taken to Pitt Regional Juvenile Center, police said.
Anyone with information about this crime, or any other crime in the Wayne County area is asked to call or text Crime Stoppers at 919-735-2255 or submit a TIP at p3tips.com. Callers will remain anonymous and if your information leads to a felony arrest you will be given a cash reward for the information. Crime Stoppers gives cash rewards of up to $1,000 for information leading to felony arrests.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- McGusty scores 27, rallies Miami over Boston College 80-76
- Moore County firefighter recovering from COVID-19, after spending 40 days in ICU
- Devoe, Wright lead Georgia Tech over Wake Forest 75-63
- How are high schools in the Triangle enforcing COVID restrictions, new capacity limits at football games?
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Week 2