GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WNCN) — A young teen suspected of robbing a pizza delivery driver at gunpoint in Wayne County back in December 2019 has been arrested and charged, according to the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.
According to the sheriff’s office, a pizza delivery driver reported that he was robbed at gunpoint on Dec. 16, 2019, in the eastern part of Wayne County while delivering in the Brantwood subdivision.
The delivery driver told authorities that he was approached by a male with a handgun and then robbed.
Following an investigation, detectives arrested and charged a 14-year-old boy with robbery with a dangerous weapon.
The sheriff’s office did not release the juvenile’s name or address due to his age. He is being held in secured custody, officials said.
The sheriff’s office said the investigation into the robbery and other similar crimes in the area is ongoing.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Four killed in Sunday plane crash near Waco, Texas
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
- Drunk driver hits man in a Va interstate work zone, drives off before running out of gas
- VDOT launches ‘Virginia is for Lovers, Not Litter’ campaign to promote a cleaner Virginia
- VMI students remember Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now